Having a flat tummy after you have had a big stomach can be quite challenging, you don’t want to miss in on the enjoyment of life, and still, you want your belly as flat as that of Jennifer Lopez. Reducing your belly fat can be achieved through a combination of proper diet and regular exercising. In this article, I will be sharing with you a few tips on how to get rid of that stubborn belly fat pretty fast.
Step 1: Watch what goes into your mouth
Monitoring what you consume is the first giant leap in you getting rid of that stubborn belly fat. Yes of course who doesn’t like to munch down few slices of pizza or that tantalizing piece of burger, but come on it is just not right for you to maintain a diet of junks when you intend to get rid of your belly fat.
Drink more of hot water and lemon
Taking this incredible combination early in the morning helps you in boosting your metabolism and also developing your digestive system.
Try to take more of fruits rather than usual snacks
Fruits aids digestion, it is recommended to take fruits before eating any meal as the fruit cleans up your stomach and helps you excrete the waste products of your food in good time. Pineapple is an excellent fruit to consume due to the presence of bromelain enzyme which aids in the digestion of proteins.
Always take note of the amount of sodium you consume
Salt is present in many of the foods we consume without even noticing it, most especially processed is the biggest culprit of this menacing factor. Cutting down on your salt intake will do you more good, taking less than six grams of salt in a day is perfect for your diet.
Abstain from fizzy drinks
Fizzy drink is one of the significant cause of that your big belly because it gets gas trapped down in your stomach, in other to prevent this you should take more of water. Drinking more water also, in the long run, helps you reduce bloating, water also flushes out the toxic substance in your body as a result of which you stay healthy and happy.
Consume more of fibers
Taking more fibers helps you get rid of bloating because fibers reduce inflammation. Fibers also help your body in the digestion of foods. Worthy of note is the fact that fiber-rich food like beans should be avoided as they only make your bloating worse.
Avoid taking a large portion of food
If it is a frequent occurrence for you to bloat after you finish eating your meal, then it is required of you to check the size of the portion of food you have been consuming, decreasing the size of your meals will be perfect for your goals of reducing your belly fat. You should also consider skipping desserts because they consist of sugary items which are not suitable for you.
Reduce the rate at which your take carbohydrates
Reducing the rate at which you consume carbohydrates has been proven by scientists to have significant health benefits to your body. Cutting down on the level of your carbohydrate intake improves your metabolic well-being.
Step 2: EXERCISING
Doing physical exercise can help speed up your process of losing that stubborn belly fat, I will be recommending a few exercises for you which will help you in your quest. These set of exercises only take a few minutes of your time.
- Knee hugs: You start by sitting down on the floor preferably on the yoga mat with your knees bent, you proceed to use your hands to your knees, and then you lift your feet off the floor. You then stretch out your arms and extend your legs proportionately to a 45-degree angle and then you slowly lean back. Lift your torso slowly, bend your knees, after which you return to the starting position.
- Inverted V plank: You start from a low plank position, and then you slowly press down through your shoulders and arms, lift your hips towards the ceiling. Return to your starting position and repeat.
- Side planks: Start by lying on your sides with your body fully stretched out, you then raise your body off the mat and balance your weight in between your forearm and the side of your foot. Ensure that your body is in positioned in a straight line and then maintain your position for 30 seconds.
- Dead bug: Commence by lying on your back, and then you extend your arms and legs towards the ceiling. You then proceed to lower your left arm behind your head.
- Leg lift: Commence by lying on your back, and then you stretch out your legs and entwine your legs at your feet. Lift your legs up creating a 90-degree angle with your torso, slowly lower your legs down and make sure they do not touch the ground.
Losing the post-delivery belly fat
Having a child is one of the joys a human can experience, but upon delivery of the child, our youthful body wanes off. You can reduce post-delivery belly fats by doing the under listed activities:
Breastfeeding: Feeding your child with breast milk especially during the early months after delivery will help you burn extra calories, you tend to lose pregnancy weight faster than women who bottle-feed their babies.
Eating healthy: Consuming the proper kind of meal will help you in shedding the post-delivery belly fats. Take foods like oats, beans, lentils, grains seeds, fruits, and vegetables. Addition of just a starchy food such as bread, rice, and pasta or potatoes will also serve your body well and help you lose that belly fat.
Exercising: Engaging in exercises is also crucial to losing the post-delivery belly fat; you should, however, consult your doctor to inquire when it’s safe to commence such physical activities. You can do the exercises I recommended early on in the article.
Having an adequate sleep: It is quite difficult to sleep well when you have that bundle of joy around disturbing mummy all the time, sleeping for up to seven hours at night will aid the eradication of your belly fats.